Christopher John Carlson
Contact Phone: 815-871-2667
Last Updated: May 17th, 2010
A position that will challenge me in my computer programming and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, May 2006
Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, IL
Associates of Arts, May 2004
Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL
- Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Experience with Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008
- Customer service in professional, fast-paced environments.
- Leadership and teamwork skills developed through extracurricular activities and class work.
- Calamos Investments
- Employment Duration: March 2010 - April 2010
- Accomplishments in website maintenance:
- Administered mass e-mail marketing campaigns
- Learned the Sitecore CMS to update content and documents online
- Employment Duration: November 2006 - March 2010
- Accomplishments as FleetSoft web master:
Accomplishments as an application developer:
- Built the first version of the FleetSoft site and the customer site in ASP
- Rebuilt FleetSoft site and customer site in ASP.Net/C#
- Worked with Sales and Marketing to ensure the effectiveness of the website
Accomplishments in software tech support:
- Built a custom C# document archiving solution
- Experience with MS SQL database with Truck Tracker and the customer site
- Built a C# service responsible for scheduled MS SQL database backup and e-mail alerts
- Built several C# internal applications
- Implemented source control with Tortoise SVN
- Built internal application to allow sales to easily add video's, documents and files to the FleetSoft customer site
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- Regularly filled mentoring, administrative, and technical roles for both the Northern Illinois University and Rock Valley College InterVarsity chapters.
- Six week lingui-culture exchange in northern China.
- Continue to serve in administrative and/or teaching roles at training retreats.
- Serve with the bookstore and the welcome counter at Christ Community Church in St. Charles, IL.
Theology, Writing, Lego Art, Chinese Culture, Science Fiction, Reading, Leadership.